What is Realm?
Realm is a secure online platform connected to Wilshire’s membership database. It’s a vital tool for our staff, but it’s handy for members too. Whether you access Realm through a web browser or an app on your phone, you can use it in the following ways:
Giving. Make a one-time contribution, set up a recurring gift, see or print a report of your past giving and more.
Event Registrations and Payments. Whether you’re registering for an event or buying a T-shirt or a Wednesday night meal, Realm makes it easy when you need to pay the church.
Member Directory. Look up your fellow Wilshire members to find e-mail addresses, phone numbers or to simply put a face with a name. You can upload your own photo and choose what information others can see about you.
Group Communication. Groups in the church, like Sunday School classes and committees, may choose to use Realm as a hub for communication.
Getting started with Realm
You’ll need an invitation emailed to you from Wilshire to get started. Contact Carolyn Murray to request an invitation. Realm is open to current church members and active congregants only, and access is monitored. Once you have the invitation, open it and follow the steps below to activate your account. It’s best to do this initial setup via a web browser.
- Open the email and create a password. You will then be sent a verification email.
- Open the verification email and click on the link to verify your account.
- To log in to Realm, type this URL in your browser: OnRealm.org/WilshireBaptist
- Enter your email address and password.
- If you previously had an account in Access ACS, you can use the same email and password for your Realm account.
Setting up a financial gift in Realm
Wilshire members should log in to their Realm account before making a financial gift, but a Realm account is not required to give.
- With a Realm login: Type OnRealm.org/WilshireBaptist in a web browser. If not already signed in, click Sign In on the screen. Make sure it says Connect in the upper left corner and click Giving in the left-side list. To make your gift, click the blue button that says +Gift.
Via the Realm Connect Mobile App: Make sure you’re signed in. Choose Giving in the icons at the bottom of the screen. Then choose Make a Gift.
No Realm account: Type OnRealm.org/WilshireBaptist in a web browser and click Give Online. Enter your gift in the Amount Box.
- The Fund will default to Unified Budget, the primary fund for Wilshire’s operations. To give to a different fund, click the down arrow to choose it.
- To divide your gift among more than one fund, click the +Another Fund button and add your amount.
- If giving one time, click the Give Once tab and choose the gift date.
- To schedule a recurring gift, choose the Give Multiple Times tab. Choose your frequency and start date. The +End button allows you to choose an end date (optional). If you add an end date, you’ll get notified when your gift has ended.
- Continue to next page.
- Enter a payment method. If you’re logged in, you can choose a previously saved method in the dropdown or enter a new one. You can save payment methods for future use.
- Check the next box to pay the amount stated to offset the processing costs (optional).
- Be sure to click the blue button at the bottom right of the screen that says Give (total amount). You will see a confirmation message once the gift has been submitted.
Print Giving Statements
With Realm, you can view, download or print your contribution statement at any time by following these instructions:
- Sign in to your Realm account on a computer.
- Choose Giving from the menu.
- Click the funnel icon to filter the gifts that display or to change the date range.
- Click the printer icon to generate the statement.
- Click Print. A preview of your statement will display.
- Click the printer icon to print or click Download for a PDF file.
For help with online giving, contact Lori Gooden.
Add or change your Realm profile picture
- Open the Realm Connect app on your mobile device.
- Tap your picture or the empty icon next to your name. (If you don’t see your profile picture, choose More from the bottom menu to go to the next screen, then look in the top left corner.)
- Tap the pencil icon in the bottom right of the icon circle.
- Chose New Profile Photo and then select a photo from your phone’s camera roll. Tap Apply to set the photo.
- If you access Realm on a computer, log in, click your name in the upper right corner, then choose Realm under My Profile Views. Click on your photo, then the pencil icon. You can then upload a photo from your computer.
- Need help? Contact Carolyn Murray.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can see my personal and contact information?
To check your privacy settings from a computer, click on the arrow next to your name in the upper right corner of your screen . Then click on “Manage Privacy.” On the Realm Connect app, click the dots in the bottom right corner and choose “More.” Then click on your profile icon or picture and click on “My Profile.” What you can see is based on your membership status. For most active congregants, profile information is available to church staff and to “People in Your Groups.” Wilshire Realm users in your Sunday School class, on your committee or team or those in the Active Wilshire group may be able to see your email and home address, phone number, birthday (month and day, but not year), marital status and the names of members of your household. If you prefer to keep certain information private, you can choose one of the other options. Privacy settings for children and youth under 18 are set to “Only the church staff.”
How do I get to Realm on my computer?
After you have activated your profile, go to: https://OnRealm.org/WilshireBaptist and sign in by entering your email address and password.
Is there a mobile app for smartphones and tablets?
To download the iOS or Android app, search for “Realm Connect” in your devices’ app store. (The full name of the app is “Connect – Our Church Community” from ACS Technologies.)
What about my privacy?
Your privacy is one of our greatest concerns. Realm is only made up of the people in our church; it’s not like a social network that’s open to everyone. Realm keeps your data safe and gives you control over what information you share and who can see it.
Can I make changes to my personal and contact information?
Yes. We encourage everyone to update their profiles. To see your personal and contact information, click on the arrow next to your name in the upper right corner of your screen (or “More” in the app). Select “My Profile” to check the information about you. Click on “Edit Profile” to change any of this information.